POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : For Hugo. Irregular mesh smoothing idea. : Re: For Hugo. Irregular mesh smoothing idea. Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For Hugo. Irregular mesh smoothing idea.
From: Hugo
Date: 5 Mar 2002 09:54:28
Message: <3c84dc24$1@news.povray.org>
> Two pictures here. The first is a wire frame showing how the different
> vertices each have 2 to 8 triangles including them. The second is a
picture
> of the smoothed mesh.

Wow, you did it!!  :o)  That's great!  I already had a look at the
sourcecode. It is well-documented and understandable. I like the long names
to variables. Your idea is a much better approch to the many different
states of a square (2 to 8 faces).

Now I'll try to implement it to my code. I create the faces prior to
deciding which case [/] [\] to use, so this shouldn't happen twice. The
output should be mesh2, but I think I'll easily solve these things.. I'll be
back after a closer look..

I have a working code now, it can't go fully wrong!  :o)
*Thanks!*

Hugo